(Created page with "We've found some interesting things on the 6502, from the layout level, up through circuit level to the programmer visible level. = Programmer Visible = Notes here on bugs and u...")
m (Protected "6502Observations" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 12:30, 5 January 2011
We've found some interesting things on the 6502, from the layout level, up through circuit level to the programmer visible level.
Notes here on bugs and undocumented behaviour.
- BRK, the B bit, and other interrupts
- Unsupported or undocumented opcodes such as SAX
- The ROR bug which is found only in rare early devices
Circuit and Logic
Notes here on timing fixes and non-digital circuit techniques, and departures from NMOS design style orthodoxy.
- Signs of a fix to datapath control timing
Notes here on the traces of bug fixes, and remnants of the original 6501 layout.
- Traces in the layout of the original 6501 part which was withdrawn after legal wrangling