Here at visualchips we're acting like a museum. We want to conserve some of our early computing history, we want to research it, but we also want to display it and educate people about it. The ideal is that we present materials which help other people to understand and to educate.
Here are some general resources in our area of interest - not about specific chips.
- The Elements of Computing Systems:Building a Modern Computer from First Principles book and website by Noam Nisan.
- also the video "From Nand to Tetris In 12 Steps"
- SimCom an in-browser simple computer by Peter Hewitt
- the intro page
- Introduction to Vlsi Systems (book) by Mead and Conway (see also wikipedia)
- Structured Computer Organization (book) by Andrew S. Tanenbaum