We're all about reverse-engineering popular chips from the 70's and 80's - initially the 6502 but others too. This wiki is for documenting our findings and recording our sources, and is of course a work in progress.
Projects and status
- Atari TIA (Television Interface Adaptor): fully extracted and simulated, no data yet published.
- Atari ANTIC: layout is in the process of polygon capture or netlist extraction.
Primary data not yet published, but see these threads.
- Zilog Z80 CPU: We have photographs of the metal layer, and have started capturing the polygons. No public information yet.
- Motorola 68000: We have photographs of the metal layer, and have started capturing the polygons.
The project page contains die photo and shows areas being captured. This chip will need further deprocessing and photography for the lower layers.
- Sinclair Spectrum ULA: photographed, circuit manually captured, original sources not presently public.
See Chris Smith's excellent book for ULA background and lots of detail about the Spectrum ULA
- Acorn Electron ULA: photographed and stitched, nothing online yet
- Acorn Tube ULA: we have a 'spare' chip, yet to be decapsulated
We have to be vigilant against spammers - please get in touch if we've blocked your account mistakenly.
All new pages should be protected and watched by the admin team: please open a discussion on a talk page before embarking on major work. Page name prefixes or sub pages should generally be used to keep the automatic index useful.
We welcome constructive contributions, but please maintain a user page with at least a minimal sketch of your background or interests to help us distinguish real people from vandals.